I have reflected upon my professional and academic accomplishments and developed a mission statement expressing my values, vision, and goals based on my constitution and professional principles. This mission statement is a foundation upon which I base major, life-directing decisions. It is also the basis for making daily decisions in the midst of the manifold circumstances that make up the weave of life. My mission, vision, and goal statements communicate the direction in which I am headed, providing the explanation for why I am choosing this course.
I am a professional librarian who values information literacy for its potential as a tool for empowerment.
I promote information literacy and deliver instruction so that individuals and groups will be able to access, critically evaluate, and understand the information required for their needs.
I foster progressive, respectful, and collegial library relationships.
I will continue to engage and challenge learners within a supportive, information-rich, active learning environment. As I continue collaborating to plan and execute instructional programs, I will provide exemplary library and information services, exceeding all expectations. My instructional practice, based in andragogic learning theory, will evolve to meet a wide variety of information needs, inspiring students to enact critical thinking strategies. I will be an agent of change, embracing new technologies and social networks, pushing learning opportunities to where students are engaging those technologies. I will integrate technologies where appropriate to ensure individuals can make problem-solving choices, navigate between options, and meet learning outcome
- To provide responsive, knowledge and reliable service to my community, constituents, and colleagues.
- To deliver an inspiring information environment for the digital age.
- To provide agile service that reflects the changing library, educational, and technological environment.
- To research innovation, technologies, and methodologies that inform information literacy and instruction.
- To continually cultivate and foster a strong professional community of practice within my profession
- To support and demonstrate respectful and ethical conduct.