Mission, Vision, & Goals
I value information literacy for its potential as a tool for empowerment and foster progressive, respectful, and collegial professional library and community relationships.
To engage and challenge learners within a supportive, information-rich, inclusive, active learning, and ever-changing environment.
To plan and execute instructional programs providing exemplary library and information services, exceeding all expectations.
To build an instructional practice, based in andragogic and pedagogic learning theory, evolving to meet a wide variety of information needs, inspiring students to enact critical thinking strategies.
As a change agent, embrace new technologies and social networks, offering learning opportunities to where students are engaging with those technologies. I integrate technologies to ensure individuals can make problem-solving choices, navigate between options, and meet learning outcomes.
- Provide responsive, knowledge and reliable service to my community, constituents, and colleagues.
- Deliver an inspiring information environment for the digital age.
- Provide an active service that reflects the changing library, educational, and technological environment.
- Research innovation, technologies, and methodologies that inform information literacy and instruction.
- Continually cultivate and foster a strong professional community of practice within my profession.
- Support and demonstrate respectful and ethical conduct.