Mission, Vision, & Goals
Librarianship is grounded in change agency toward empowerment and fostering progressive, innovative, respectful, and collegial professional library and community relationships.
Guiding statements of my current and future objectives aligned with Mission and Goals:
To create a better everyday discovery and learning experience for many people bringing inspiration and innovation to the community.
To build an inclusive, diverse, empathetic, and accepting world.
- Provide responsive, knowledge and reliable service to my community, constituents, and colleagues.
- Deliver an inspiring information environment for the digital age.
- Provide an active service that reflects the changing library, educational, and technological environment.
- Research innovation, technologies, and methodologies that inform information literacy and instruction.
- Continually cultivate and foster a strong professional community of practice within my profession.
- Support and demonstrate respectful and ethical conduct.
- Engage and challenge library users within a supportive, information-rich, inclusive, active learning, ever-changing, information-sharing environment.
- Plan and execute educational and information-rich programs providing exemplary library and information services, exceeding all expectations.
- Build an engaging library practice based on learning theory, evolving to meet a wide variety of information needs, and grounded in high-quality customer service practices inspiring library users to enact critical thinking strategies.
- Embrace new technologies and social networks, offering learning and information-sharing opportunities to engage with those technologies